More businesses are announcing that they are closing on Thanksgiving; we like that. It will give you even MORE time to relax and be ready for Small Business Saturday in downtown Shreveport!
Small Business Saturday, the Saturday after Thanksgiving, is the one day of the year that all eyes focus on our small-and-local, mom-and-pop, unique and creative businesses that make Shreveport unique.
Why does Small Business Saturday mean so much?
– Shreveport’s Small Businesses are responsible for the lion’s share of the city’s tax base!
– 99.9% of all businesses in the U.S. are ‘small’ (fewer than 500 employees). 27 million of them hire no employees at all; 5.4m have fewer than 20.
– 61.7m people in the U.S. are employed by small businesses.
– Small businesses are what set cities apart and make them interesting. Everyone has a big box, but only Shreveport has a Robinson Film Center or C&C Mercantile and Lighting or your fill-in-the-blank.
Now It’s Time to Go Shop Small!
All across downtown Shreveport on Saturday, businesses will have the welcome mat out with shopping specials, door prizes, fun activities and food deals. Here are just a few:
1. Holidaze at Artspace, 708 Texas St. (noon- 5pm). Artspace is decked from top to bottom with the works of 17 NW Louisiana artists. Buy ……..original paintings, ornaments, purses and more. Make and take gingerbread houses on ……..Small Business Saturday $25. Page2
2. Appli-K’s, 624 Texas St. behind Rhino Coffee. (8am- 3pm). Jute Sale, Talking Out of Turn (TOOT) Sticker Bogo Sale, 20% OFF All Happy Everything, ……..50% OFF Happy Everything Clearance Table, and Ornaments & Gifts Starting at $5!!
3. Refine Design Boutiques, 616 Texas St., (10am – 7pm). Free hot cocoa and cookies. Free professional holiday photos from 2-3pm. Special sales ……..throughout the store and live holiday music. Free gift wrap with a $25 purchase. Door ……..Prizes.
4. Bailey Gallery, 214 Texas St. (Noon- 5:00pm). See the talent of Louisiana artists at the LA Artist Show and while there, take advantage of ……..10% discount on art!
5. The Grove, 107 Spring St. (10am – 6pm). Each purchase is entered in a chance to win a $100 gift card.
6. The Agora Borealis, 421 Lake St. (10am- 6pm). Coffee from Lyon’s Pride served 10am- noon. Yuletide Spirits by Fatty Arbuckles, served ……..noon- 5 pm, 15-minute astrological readings by Rachel Stuart-Haas, $35 from 1-5pm, & ……..vendors: Diamonds & A Ruby, Pastry Moon and Gaea’s Blessing.
7. Sanctuary Glass, 421 Lake St. (12pm – 8pm). Ongoing glass blowing demonstrations and special sales.
8. High Gravity Glassworks, 1200 Marshall St. (2pm- 8pm). Create your own workshops and select items on sale for 20% off.
9. Andress Artist & Entrepreneur Center, 717 Crockett St. (10am-6pm). Resident artists: Clean Slate Botanicals, LionArt Creations, Andre Weatherly, Wet Paint ……..Arts, ka.la.Draw, Aline Donnelly, Charmel’s Creative, RNL Authentics, Greetings Gallery. ……..Vendors: Mildred Street Studios, Earth Wrinkles, Elijah Asher Vintage, Brandevous ……..Cocktail Company, Oh So Dope Photography, Dreamscape Creative Studio.
10. C&C Mercantile and Lighting, 1100 Texas St. (10am- 2pm) Black Friday & SB Saturday sidewalk sale with antiques & furniture. Mi Mesa Food Truck …….. and SAGE Coffee serving 10am -2pm on. 20% off all antiques, furniture, lighting & C&C …….. products. Black Friday hours 10 am- 5 pm.
Let’s Eat Small!
1. Pop N’ Pizza, 500 Texas St. (12pm- 10pm). Enjoy Pop N’s Pop-Up Shop with vendors and $3 per slice deals! Be on the lookout for a .special code that will save you $$ when you place larger orders online!
2. Noble Savage Shreveport, 417 Texas St. (11am-12am). Sunday Brunch on Saturday from 10am-2pm. After Rockets over the Red and the bridge lighting, live music from Tambria Adams & The Help with drink specials all night long!
3. Jeneral’s Bar & Grill, 450 Clyde Fant Parkway (11am – 12am). Get Jeneral’s famous BBQ bacon burger special for $9.00 (a $12 value!) and their signature Jeneral’s Dre K3000 drink for $9.00, which also usually goes for twelve dollars.
Be a Part of Downtown’s BIG Fun!
1. Rockets Over the Red- Shreveport Riverfront, 4-8 pm. Enjoy stage performances beginning at 4 pm, fireworks and a special Bakowski Bridge ‘Glo’ at 7:45 pm. Free.
2. Shreveport Aquarium, Believe Lights the Night, 601 Clyde Fant Parkway (9am-5pm). Do you Believe? You will after a trip to the Shreveport Aquarium! Their holiday cheer starts with Believe Lights the Night on Fri., Nov. 25 and extends through the Christmas season. Take a trip through a holiday wonderland that will have your kids enthralled at the wonder of it all.
3. Sci-Port Discovery Center, Sno-Port, 820 Clyde Fant Parkway (9am-5pm). Small Business Saturday weekend is the kickoff to the third year of Sno-Port. Be immersed in a winter wonderland. Nov. 26- Jan. 29. See Black Panther: Wakanda Forever in the new Good IMAX Dome!
For all the latest on Downtown Shreveport’s Small Business Saturday, check the Shop Small Downtown Shreveport FB page or go to: www.downtownshreveport.com/small-business-saturday.