NextOp is inviting Louisiana Businesses, Career Searching Military and Veterans, and LA veteran-owned businesses to the May 4th Louisiana Veteran Employment & Business Summit. Sessions from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM in New Orleans (Venue TBA).
NextOp’s Louisiana Veteran Employment & Business Summit is a one-day event with two distinct missions.
The first is to host LA employers and provide training on how to recruit & retain veteran talent, it will also launch NextOp’s Military Internship Program in Loisiana. This program gives employers access to hire military service members before they exit the service at no cost.
The second part of the day is focused on providing a space for LA veteran-owned businesses to gain access to needed national and local resources and capital. This is a first-of-its-kind event for LA veteran-owned businesses.
Follow this Link to register https://bit.ly/3LliGWa, and Select tickets based on which parts of the event you plan on attending.
9:00 AM – 12:00 PM – Louisiana Businesses – How to Hire & Access Military and Veteran Talent
- Military and Veteran Hiring Best Practices – a panel discussion with national and local employers
- SkillBridge, a Military Career Internship Program – How Louisiana businesses can access military talent for free
- Funding to Hire and Develop Military and Veteran Talent – Learn from the Louisiana Workforce Commission about the workforce development funding program
12:00 PM – 1:30 PM – Everyone – Veteran Networking Lunch and Keynote Speaker
Keynote – John Boerstler – Chief Veterans Experience Officer, Department of Veterans Affairs
An opportunity for career searching veterans, military, Louisiana businesses, and LA veteran-owned businesses to connect and network
1:30 PM – 5:00 PM – LA vet-owned business – 2nd Annual Louisiana Veteran Business Summit
LA veteran-owned businesses will be convened and given direct access to resources. In a collaborative space, businesses will interface with:
- Louisiana Business Programs
- Veteran Entrepreneur Support
- Small Business Support and Resources
- Government Contracting Access
- Banking Contacts and Resources
- Accounting Support
- Insurance and Legal resources