Rotary Club of Shreveport has awarded civic grants to local nonprofits for 2022.
These grants support the community through funding of select projects that benefit local area residents, provide opportunities for members of the club to actively participate, and gain recognition for Rotary.
Priorities for civic projects supported by the club include education, social services and community development. During this grant cycle we received 29 applications. This year, $21,800.00 was awarded to the following organizations:
- $4,500 – Holy Angels Residential Facility
- $4,500 – Gingerbread House Child Advocacy Center
- $4,500 – Highland Center
- $3,500 – Volunteers for Youth Justice
- $3,000 – Songbook South
Receiving $300 speaker honorariums are the following organizations:
- Basic Necessities
- Northwest Louisiana Community Development
- Salvation Army Boys and Girls Club
- The Center for Literacy and Learning
- United Way of NWLA
- Volunteers of America
Since 1999, the Rotary Club of Shreveport has awarded a total of $376,643.00 to local nonprofits through our competitive grant process. These awards are funded through our dues structure with assistance from the Rotary Club of Shreveport Foundation, our 501c3 organization.