The Young Professionals Initiative of Northwest Louisiana, a program of the Greater Shreveport Chamber, is pleased to announce the recognition of Brittany Bass Arvie Esq. as the recipient of the 2021 Young Professional of the Year Award at the 15th Annual 40 Under Forty Awards and Gala presented by Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport and held at Sam’s Town Hotel and Casino on Thursday, December 2, 2021.
Cheradee Williams, 2021 Chair of YPI, said, “Brittany’s professional accomplishments and her commitment to the betterment of our community made her an outstanding selection for Young Professional of the year.”
A Shreveport native, Brittany is a 2004 graduate of Caddo Parish Magnet High School and received both a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and her MBA from Southern University A&M College in Baton Rouge. Brittany also earned her JD from The Southern University Law Center in 2015.
Professionally, Brittany is employed as an Assistant District Attorney for the Caddo Parish District Attorney’s Office. Prior to beginning her employment at the Caddo District Attorney’s Office, Brittany worked as an Assistant City Prosecutor for the Shreveport City Attorney’s Office and Brittany was a Judicial Law Clerk in the First Judicial District Court for Judges John Mosely and Ramon Lafitte. Outside of work Brittany is very active in the community. She is the First Vice President of the Shreveport Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Board Member of the Pines to the Gulf Girl Scout Board, Shreveport Bar Foundation Board, Member of the Louisiana Bar Foundation Northwest Community Partnership Panel, Associate in the Harry V. Booth‐Judge Henry A. Politz Inn of Court, Parliamentarian, Red River Chapter of Jack and Jill of America, and Member of Galilee Baptist Church.
Brittany is married to Michael Arvie and is the proud mother of daughters, Autumn Gabrielle and Adalyn Grace.
“Being selected as the 2021 Young Professional of the Year is such an unexpected honor. This year’s is such a remarkable group of individuals making an impact in our community and I am so delighted to be a part of this impressive class. It is so important to me to help strengthen our community so that my girls will have a robust and welcoming city to grow up in and so they will have the opportunity to find the kind of personal and professional success here that I have.” said Arvie.
“Brittany is a Shreveport native who has not only found professional success here at home but has invested her time and talents in giving back to the community in a multitude of ways” said Dr. Timothy Magner, President of the Greater Shreveport Chamber. “She is a great example to young people in our community and we are delighted to recognize her for her contributions and accomplishments.”
The 40 Under Forty Awards honor forty professionals under the age of 40 that have excelled in their careers, education, professional development, community leadership, and volunteer efforts. One honoree is chosen out of the 40 to receive the Young Professional of the Year Award for exemplary efforts in each category.
The 2021 40 Under Forty honorees are:
- Brittany Bass Arvie, Caddo Parish District Attorney’s Office
- Carlotta Askew-Brown, City of Bossier City
- Leann Bussey, Lucky Real Estate
- LaTienda Pierre, Caddo Parish District Attorney’s Office
- Amber Dixon, LifeShare Blood Center
- Amanda Felan, LSU Health Science Foundation
- Lamesa Furlow Fleury, Caddo Parish Schools (Eden Gardens Elementary)
- Robert Gallant, Bossier Parish School Board – Greenacres Middle School
- Suyi Georgewill, Cintas Corporation
- Shelvia Grant, LSU Health Shreveport
- Cody Grosshart, Patrick R. Jackson, APLC
- Senae D. Hall, Caddo Parish District Attorney’s Office
- Lauren Swift Holland, Shriners Children’s Hospital
- Dr. Alan Jackson, Jr., Southern University and JMAX Enterprise
- Destiny Jamison, Wallnut Hill Middle School
- Michael R. Lafitte, II., Shreveport Haberdashery
- Jessica Latin, JL Counseling LLC.
- Erica Ledet, Louisiana Public Health Institute
- Asha Linnear, Women of Power Hair Salon
- Niematulai Longstratt, RNL Authentics
- Sarah Lowder, Lowder Baking Company
- Mary Helen Frierson Mars, Downtown Shreveport Unlimited/Mudbug Madness
- Sylvester Marshall, Aveana
- Craig McCloud, Gallagher
- Sarah McKinney, Romph Pou Agency
- Sara Patronella, Community Foundation of North Louisiana
- Krystal Player Jackson, Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport
- Madison Poche, Bossier Parish Community College
- Brittainy Pope, Bossier Parish Libraries
- Britney Ratcliff, Metro Aviation, Inc.
- Clarence Reese Jr., Shreveport Fire Department
- Roy Rhinehart, United States Air Force
- Tiffany Sims, CenterPoint Energy
- Darius Spells, Red Barn Cajun Crawfish
- Katie Theriot, Hilton Shreveport
- Victor L. Thomas, Southern University at Shreveport
- Victoria Tillis, Volume Life Studio
- Sarah Trippel, Shelter Insurance
- Chelsey Chance Weatherly, Louisiana State University Shreveport
- Brittany Young, The Singleton Law Firm
YPI exists to create a network of community leaders under the age of 40 to enhance the development of Northwest Louisiana for the attraction and retention of young professionals in our region. YPI is proud of the role we play in the economic development of Northwest Louisiana.