Small Business Saturday is anything but small to the businesses of downtown Shreveport. The important Saturday after Thanksgiving is the kick-off to the holiday shopping season which can account for up to 45% of a retail business’ yearly revenue.
Shreveport Downtown Development Authority is hoping to stretch out shopping small and local the entire month of December and beyond. They are offering prizes through the Downtown Holiday Shopping Bingo and win gift certificates, art, coffee, or a giant gift basket, valued at $250.
Download the Bingo card HERE.
Shops and eateries downtown helped usher in the Christmas season with events of all types on Saturday, Nov. 27.
- C&C Mercantile and Lighting, 1110 Texas Ave., hosted live music, a mini-mercantile market, in-store specials and free coffee and pastries for the first 20 shoppers!
- Appli-K’s Embroidery and Gifts, 624 Texas St., gave away free items like totes and alligator ornaments with purchase in addition to refreshments & specials throughout the store.
- The Agora Borealis & Sanctuary Glass Studio, 421 Lake St., held an outdoor art market, glass blowing demonstrations, door prizes & giveaways.
- Bailey Gallery, 214 Texas St., is offered 10% off all art and jewelry in the gallery.
- The Lot, 400 Crockett St., hosted a giant art market, live music, and the Rockets over the Red fireworks- viewing party.
- Retro Down Town Café, 420 Marshall St., gave away complimentary coffee with purchase and food specials all day.
- Parish Taceaux, 708 Texas St., gave SBS shoppers 15% off food and beverages.
- Robinson Film Center, 617 Texas St., gave a $5 gift card FREE for each $20 of gift cards purchased.
- Rhino Coffee Downtown, 624 Texas St., 15% off bagged coffees & concentrates.
The money you spend locally stays local. It goes into our community; it helps those businesses that who support local schools, churches, and civic organizations.
Get more details at downtownshreveport.com/small-business-saturday.