NATCHITOCHES – The Board of Supervisors of the Louisiana System have appointed a Presidential Search Committee for Northwestern State University that will host a meeting and public forum at 1 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 24 in Magale Recital Hall.
The agenda will include roll call and introductions, charge to the committee, discussion of the search process and tentative timeline and discussion of advertisement.
The meeting is open to the NSU community and the public and will be streamed live on the UL System YouTube Channel.
UL System President and CEO Jim Henderson, a former Northwestern State president, will chair the committee as a non-voting member. The committee includes select System Board members and the Northwestern State Faculty Senate president as voting members as well as non-voting community members to serve in an advisory capacity.
The Presidential Search Committee is made up of the following members:
- Dr. Jim Henderson, Search Committee Chair and University of Louisiana System President, non-voting
- James Carter, UL System Board Chair
- Liz Pierre, UL System Board Vice Chair
- Dr. Jimmy Clarke, UL System Board Parliamentarian
- L’Oreal Williams, UL System Student Board Member
- Barry Busada, UL System Board Member
- Lola Dunahoe, UL System Board Member
- Alejandro Perkins, UL System Board Member
- Joe Salter, UL System Board Member
- Dr. John Dunn, NSU Faculty Senate President
- William Brent, Retired Dean of NSU Creative & Performing Arts, non-voting
- Dr. Nikki Ceasar-Small, NSU Alumni Association, non-voting
- Tja’h Edwards, NSU SGA President, non-voting
- Patricia Hrapmann, NSU Alumni Association President, non-voting
- Mike Knotts, NSU Foundation, non-voting
- John Manno, Jr., NSU Foundation President, non-voting
Information regarding the search will be housed on the System’s website at ulystem.edu/nsusearch.
President Chris Maggio retired June 1, 2021. He served as president since January 2017 and has been a member of NSU’s faculty, staff and administration for 33 years. Marcus Jones is serving as interim president.
The University of Louisiana System is the largest higher education system in Louisiana enrolling more than 92,000 students at Grambling State University, Louisiana Tech University, McNeese State University, Nicholls State University, Northwestern State University, Southeastern Louisiana University, the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, the University of Louisiana at Monroe and the University of New Orleans.