The Young Professionals Initiative (YPI), a program of the Greater Shreveport Chamber, debuted its 2021 40 Under Forty class Friday.
YPI enlisted a special committee to select 40 young professionals under the age of forty from Northwest Louisiana based on values such as achievement, experience and innovation, vision, leadership, and community involvement. YPI created the special committee to honor 40 young professionals making significant impact in Shreveport-Bossier, making it a better place to live, work, and play.
“With over 200 nominations from across Northwest Louisiana, it was a challenge to pick only 40 honorees,” said Dr. Kenya Roberts, 40 Under Forty Chair. “The exceptional level of professional achievement and community involvement exemplified in this year’s class demonstrates that despite the challenges of this past year, Shreveport-Bossier is attracting and retaining some of the country’s brightest young professionals.”
The 15th Annual 40 Under Forty Awards Gala, presented by Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport, will be held at Sam’s Town Hotel & Casino on Thursday, December 2 at 6:30PM.
Tickets go on sale September 1. For ticket or sponsorship information, please visit www.ShreveportChamber.org.
You can view photos from the announcement party by visiting https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWr9F9j.
The 2021 40 Under Forty honorees are:
- Brittany Bass Arvie, Caddo Parish District Attorney’s Office
- Carlotta Askew-Brown, City of Bossier City
- Leann Bussey, Lucky Real Estate
- LaTienda Pierre, Caddo Parish District Attorney’s Office
- Amber Dixon, LifeShare Blood Center
- Amanda Felan, LSU Health Science Foundation
- Lamesa Furlow Fleury, Caddo Parish Schools (Eden Gardens Elementary)
- Robert Gallant, Bossier Parish School Board – Greenacres Middle School
- Suyi Georgewill, Cintas Corporation
- Shelvia Grant, LSU Health Shreveport
- Cody Grosshart, Patrick R. Jackson, APLC
- Senae D. Hall, Caddo Parish District Attorney’s Office
- Lauren Swift Holland, Shriners Children’s Hospital
- Dr. Alan Jackson, Jr., Southern University and JMAX Enterprise
- Destiny Jamison, Wallnut Hill Middle School
- Michael R. Lafitte, II., Shreveport Haberdashery
- Jessica Latin, JL Counseling LLC.
- Erica Ledet, Louisiana Public Health Institute
- Asha Linnear, Women of Power Hair Salon
- Niematulai Longstratt, RNL Authentics
- Sarah Lowder, Lowder Baking Company
- Mary Helen Frierson Mars, Downtown Shreveport Unlimited/Mudbug Madness
- Sylvester Marshall, Aveana
- Craig McCloud, Gallagher
- Sarah McKinney, Romph Pou Agency
- Sara Patronella, Community Foundation of North Louisiana
- Krystal Player Jackson, Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport
- Madison Poche, Bossier Parish Community College
- Brittainy Pope, Bossier Parish Libraries
- Britney Ratcliff, Metro Aviation, Inc.
- Clarence Reese Jr., Shreveport Fire Department
- Roy Rhinehart, United States Air Force
- Tiffany Sims, CenterPoint Energy
- Darius Spells, Red Barn Cajun Crawfish
- Katie Theriot, Hilton Shreveport
- Victor L. Thomas, Southern University at Shreveport
- Victoria Tillis, Volume Life Studio
- Sarah Trippel, Shelter Insurance
- Chelsey Chance Weatherly, Louisiana State University Shreveport
- Brittany Young, The Singleton Law Firm
YPI exists to create a network of community leaders under the age of 40 to enhance the development of Northwest Louisiana for the attraction and retention of young professionals in our region. YPI is proud of the role we play in the economic development of Northwest Louisiana.
Since its founding in 1910, the mission of the Greater Shreveport Chamber has been to promote economic prosperity, serve as a business advocate, and celebrate the achievements of the Shreveport‐ Bossier region. With over 1600 members, the GSCC is designated as a 5‐Star Accredited Chamber by the US Chamber of Commerce, one of less than 2% of Chambers across the country honored with this distinction