DES MOINES, Iowa — The members of the National Association of Secretaries of State (NASS) have chosen Kyle Ardoin, Louisiana Secretary of State, to lead the organization as President. He was sworn into office today, Monday, August 16, at the NASS 2021 Summer Conference in Des Moines, Iowa.
“As the job of Secretary of State continues to gain more national importance, I look forward to leading the association’s time-honored tradition of learning from one another through bipartisan conversations and sharing innovative practices. I have been extraordinarily blessed to spend the past decade serving the people of Louisiana, and I will bring that same commitment to service to NASS during my tenure as president. I thank my colleagues for their faith in me. It is a tremendous honor to become NASS President during this critical time in our democracy.”
Ardoin has served as Louisiana’s Secretary of State since 2018, with nearly a decade of prior service as Louisiana’s First Assistant Secretary of State. Throughout his tenure, he has been a respected member of NASS, with active participation on the NASS Executive Board, committees, and panels, as well as a valuable member of the Election Infrastructure Subsector Government Coordinating Council (EIS-GCC).
His term as NASS President will conclude in July 2022 at the NASS 2022 Summer Conference in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. As a point of association history, Ardoin is the third Louisianian to serve in this role.
Also elected are the following Executive Board members:
- President: Hon. Kyle Ardoin, Louisiana
- Immediate Past President: Hon. Maggie Toulouse Oliver, New Mexico
- President-elect: Hon. Tahesha Way, New Jersey
- Treasurer: Hon. Scott Schwab, Kansas
- Secretary: Hon. Laurel Lee, Florida
- Eastern Region Vice-President: Hon Jeffrey Bullock, Delaware
- Southern Region Vice-President: Hon. Michael Watson, Mississippi
- Midwestern Region Vice-President: Hon. Steve Simon, Minnesota
- Western Region Vice-President: Hon. Lawerence Denney, Idaho
- Member-at-Large (NPA Section): Hon. Kimberly Bassett, District of Columbia
- Member-at-Large (ACR Section): Hon. Mac Warner, West Virginia
National officers will also serve until the conclusion of the NASS 2022 Summer Conference.