Rotary Club of Shreveport awards civic grants to local nonprofits on an annual basis. These grants support the community through funding of select projects that benefit local area residents, provide opportunities for members of the club to actively participate, and gain recognition for Rotary. Priorities for civic projects supported by the club include education, social services and community development. During this grant cycle we received 21 applications. This year, $22,800.00 was awarded to the following organizations:
- $5,000 – Shreveport Bossier Rescue Mission
- $5,000 – Norwell Council, Boy Scouts of America
- $4,000 – The Bridge Alzheimer’s & Dementia Resource Center
- $3,900 – Renzi Center
- $3,100 – Food Bank of Northwest Louisiana
- Receiving $300 speaker honorariums are the following organizations:
- Fuller Center for Housing, Highland Restoration Association, NWLA Makerspace, O.L.L.I.E. Initiative, S.C.O.R.E., and the Strand Theater.
Since 1999, the Rotary Club of Shreveport has awarded a total of $351,243.00 to local nonprofits through our competitive grant process. These awards are funded through our dues structure with assistance from the Rotary Club of Shreveport Foundation, our 501c3 organization.