Chamber Honors Outstanding Professionals and Local Businesses
The Business Development Connection (BDC) of the Greater Shreveport Chamber will honor outstanding business owners and professionals who are making a difference in our community at the Minority Business Opportunity Awards (MBOA) Dinner, presented by Willis-Knighton Health System. The event will be held at 6:30PM on June 17, 2021, at Sam’s Town Hotel & Casino.
Each year, the BDC recognizes a diverse group of honorees. All the honorees inspire us by building a stronger business culture that involves empowering growth, creating leadership opportunities, and developing robust community support. Each honoree has made a commitment to connect, grow personally and professionally, discover strategies for positive change, and develop new ideas for their business and employees. The recipients of each category will be announced at the event on June 17th. Sponsorships and tickets for the dinner are available now by visiting www.ShreveportChamber.org.
“We are delighted with this excellent list of nominees and recipients,” stated Carolyn Tillman, MBOA Event Chair. “Each of our honorees is an active and involved member of our community and all are worthy of recognition.”
This year’s event will also name Sam’s Town Hotel and Casino as our Business of the Year. The Business of the Year recipient is awarded to an established business that creates opportunities for minority individuals and has a strong philanthropic commitment in our community.
Roy Griggs of Griggs Enterprise will receive the Lifetime Achievement Award. The recipient of this award is an individual who throughout their long career consistently exemplifies the highest standard of professional excellence, has dedicated many years to providing service to our community, has an extensive record of accomplishments, and a has a reputation that is widespread.
“The range and diversity of this years’ group of honorees speaks to the entrepreneurial spirit and dynamic leadership that can be found in our Shreveport-Bossier community,” said Dr. Timothy Magner, President of the Greater Shreveport Chamber. “By celebrating these individuals and organizations, we not only lift them up for their own accomplishments but celebrate their trailblazing leadership as an example to others.”
Our 2021 Honorees are:
Top Business Professional of the Year Honorees
- Cathy Gates, Jean Simpson Personnel Services, Inc.
- Felicia Lynn Bell, City of Shreveport
- Ravon Dominique, MHA, BSN, RN, Brentwood Hospital
- Rene’ Whitaker Davis, SWEPCO
- Valarie Jamison, Parish of Caddo
Non-Profit Professional of the Year Honorees
- Carly Koen, United Way of Northwest Louisiana
- Erica McCain, M.A., CNM, Dress for Success Shreveport-Bossier
- Taylor Jamison, Strategic Action Council
- Verni Wright Howard, Providence House
Emerging Business of the Year Honorees
- SOW & REAP Physical Therapy, LLC, LaTonya Mister
- Paul Pratt Allstate Agency, Paul Anthony Pratt
Small Business Owner of the Year Honorees
- Dana Jeter Williams, Jeter Therapy Group
- Dr. Joslin Mar-Dai Pickens, Vegans on the Run
- Richanjit Sidhu, Super S Stores
- Sarah Smith, MA, CCC-A, Better Hearing Systems of Northwest LA LLC