The Greater Bossier Economic Development Foundation (GBEDF) announced today that it has confirmed new executive leadership, and one new member to the 2021 Board of Directors. Lance Mosley, local attorney and owner of Mosley Title, will serve as the organization’s Chairman of the Board in 2021. Mr. Mosley has served on the GBEDF Board of Directors for over 20 years. Additionally, Barry Regula, general manager of Margaritaville Resort Casino, has been named to the 2021 Board of Directors and will serve a three-year term.
The GBEDF will focus on the following goals and priorities throughout 2021: Market industrial sites throughout Bossier and Northwest Louisiana; Support interstate planning and infrastructure development of future corridors; Work to develop a skilled workforce through partnerships with local universities and supportive entities; Promote our metro area as a work-ready community through available skilled labor and build ready sites; Provide business retention support for key industries, major employers, and small businesses; Build and maintain strong relationships with elected state and federal officials.
“These goals will shape the foundation’s program of work in 2021. Our economic development agenda focuses on delivering industry diversity and allows the GBEDF to support and invest in initiatives that sustain our community.” stated Mr. Mosley
Since its inception over three decades ago, the GBEDF has invested over $10 million into Bossier; impacting workforce development, tourism, quality of life, infrastructure and job creation. The organization’s most recent accomplishment can be observed in the further development of the Viking Drive Industrial Park where Edko, LLC purchased six acres with plans to construct a 16,000 sq ft office and warehouse facility, and completed the multi-million-dollar project ahead of schedule during 2020.
” I am honored to lead the organization at such an important time. I feel confident that the collective expertise and experience represented among the GBEDF board leadership will help to continue our positive impact on the community. Together, we will work to support and encourage investment in our regional economy.” added Mr. Mosley
As the lead organization for economic development in Bossier City and Parish, the GBEDF works to position Bossier to be competitive in securing new jobs and investment. Beyond partnerships with local governments, the foundation also supports regional efforts sponsored by the Port of Caddo Bossier, BRF, Cyber Innovation Center, Barksdale Air Force Base, NLCOG and the CDC in order to diversify the local economy.
“We are pleased to welcome Mr. Regula to the GBEDF Board of Directors. His involvement in the foundation will help to advance our mission and provide critical insight into the needs of the hospitality and tourism industry. Margaritaville Resort Casino has been a champion and active partner for the Bossier community. Through Mr. Regula’s support and involvement of numerous community programs, he has demonstrated commitment to the advancement of Bossier’s overall success.” stated Rocky Rockett, GBEDF Executive Director
2021 GBEDF Executive Committee
- Lance Mosley, Chairman of the Board, Mosley Title
- Carlton Golden, Vice-Chairman, Builders Supply
- Ross Barrett, Secretary / Treasurer, BVM Capital
- Tim Wilhite, Immediate-Past Chairman, Wilhite Electric
- Jim Johnson, Advisory Appointee
- Rocky Rockett, Executive Director, Greater Bossier Economic Development Foundation
2021 GBEDF Board of Directors
- Bill McFadden, LA Boardwalk Outlets
- Charlie Coyle, Coyle Engineering
- Don Updegraff, Northwestern Mutual
- Doug Rogers, Doug Rogers, Inc.
- Gary Hubbard, Hubbard Investments
- Ian McElroy, McElroy Metal
- John Bonomo, Bonomo Builders
- John Michael Moore, Haynesville Mercantile
- Margaret Shehee, Rose-Neath Funeral Homes
- Mike Boggs, Boggs and Poole Contracting Group
- Barry Regula, Margaritaville Resort Casino
- Percy Hubbard
- Rand Falbaum, Sanctuary Capital
- Tommy Boggs, Citizens National Bank
- Charles Coyle (Director Emeritus)
- John Hubbard (Director Emeritus)
- Bill Altimus, Bossier Parish Police Jury Administrator (Ex-Officio)