Angel Albring | BIZ. Magazine
The Young Professionals Initiative of Northwest Louisiana, a program of the Greater Shreveport Chamber, named Jessica Comegys as the recipient of the 2020 Young Professional of the Year Award.
The award was presented virtually at the 14th Annual 40 Under Forty Awards held on Saturday, Dec. 5, 2020. YPI hosted the award’s ceremony virtually this year due to COVID-19. Nominees tuned in from their respective watch parties.
Comegys, owner of Glow Alchemy Kitchen and Caspiana Catering in Shreveport, participated from her home and was met at her front door with the award.
With tears in her eyes, the mother, chef and two-time Top 5 finalist in the Louisiana Food Prize’s Battle for the Golden Fork live cooking competition, said that she was “overwhelmed with gratitude.”
2019 Young Professional of the Year recipient, Dr. Donna Johnson, announced Comegys as the 2020 Young Professional of the Year.
Johnson said this year, YPI’s 14th year honoring young professionals in the area, was “comprised of talented, passionate individuals” with a “large sphere of influence.”
“Each honoree is worthy of recognition and admiration,” Johnson said.
This year, more than 200 people were submitted as nominees for YPI’s 40 Under Forty Award. A committee was chosen to narrow down the honorees. The 2020 40 Under Forty class included:
- Janet Attaway, Bossier Parish School Board – Elm Grove Middle School
- Wesley Bange, Bossier Parish Community College
- Candice Battiste, JD, Power Coalition for Equity and Justice
- Brennan Bernard, Core Physical Therapy and Performance
- Parker Brown, Jayhawk Properties, Inc.
- Damien Chapman, Orlandeaux’s Café
- Jessica Comegys, Glow Alchemy Kitchen
- Mallory Cooper, Bossier Parish School Board
- Jordan Dieck, Bossier Parish Schools
- Brittney Dunn, B&D Tax & Accounting Services, LLC
- Katrina Farris, Shreveport Bossier African American Chamber of Commerce
- Katherine Gilmer, Gilmer & Giglio, LLC
- Julian Gluck, United States Air Force
- Michael Gould, Carr, Riggs & Ingram, LLC
- Jenni Grisham, Ochsner LSU Medical Center
- Badreka Harper, KTBS 3 News
- John Hawkins, ClearView Church
- Kirkikis Canna Hill, Omni Specialty Packaging, LLC
- Charles E. Johnson, Alpha Media and CeJay Enterprises
- Halena Jones, Step Forward
- Katy Larsen, The Agora Borealis
- Wesley Lazarus, Progressive Bank
- Dr. Teresa Manley, Petroleum Club of Shreveport
- Angel Martin, LSU Shreveport
- Kevin Nolten, Cyber Innovation Center
- Jennifer Norris Soto, Ayres, Shelton, Williams, Benson & Paine, LLC
- Mayor Adrian Perkins, City Of Shreveport
- Connor Peterson, Keith D. Peterson & Company, Inc.
- Brittany Pier, Linwood Public Charter School
- Brittany Pike, CYBER.ORG
- Franchesca Posey, Girl Scouts of Louisiana
- Candice Ratliff, M.A., General Dynamics Information Technology
- Marquel Nicol Sennet, KTAL/KMSS & Southern University at Shreveport
- Erin Pyles Smith, Maltshop Marketing, LLC
- Kim Stephens, Metro Aviation
- Britt Elizabeth, Britt Elizabeth Photography
- Onega Ulanova, LA New Product Development Team
- Dellanee Wade, Southern University at Shreveport
- Shuntay Wilson, Bossier Parish Schools
- Elizabeth Wong, McMichael, Medlin, D’Anna, Wedgeworth, & Lafargue, LLC
YPI is a program of the Greater Shreveport Chamber striving to create a network of community leaders under the age of 40 to enhance the development of Northwest Louisiana and the Initiative has played a significant role in the economic development of the region.
The 40 Under Forty Awards honor forty professionals under the age of 40 that have excelled in their careers, education, professional development, community leadership, and volunteer efforts. One honoree is chosen out of the 40 to receive the Young Professional of the Year Award for exemplary efforts in each category.