Each year, the Greater Shreveport Chamber Business Development Connection honors a select group of local individuals at the ATHENA Leadership Award Program. The prestigious ATHENA International Leadership Award is presented to a woman or man, who is honored for attaining professional excellence, engaged community service and for actively assisting women in their achievement of professional excellence and leadership skills.
The Chamber is pleased to announce the following exemplary individuals as the 2020 ATHENA Honorees:
- Sonja Bailes-Bain – Public Relations Liaison, Bossier Parish School Board
- Kristen Brown – CEO, Brown Builders
- Shemika Caldwell-Owens – Owner, We Care Sitting Services, LLC & Jericho Staffing, LLC
- Laura P. Crawford – Founder/ Director, Centenary Suzuki School
- Renee’ Ellis -Transformation Zone Community Engagement Specialist, Caddo Parish Public Schools
- Julie Lessiter – Vice Chancellor of Strategic Initiatives, LSU Shreveport
- Jaya McSharma, MD – General Family Medicine, Christus Highland- Owner, McSharma Productions
- Susan G. Moffitt – Dealer Principal, Porsche Shreveport & Moffit Mazda
- Cynthia B. Mosley – District Executive, Norwela Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Gretchen G. Petterway, MD – Pediatrician, Christus Shreveport-Bossier
- Renisha J. Sanders – Operations Manager Cardinaux Wealth Advisors
- Laura M. Seabaugh – North Louisiana Representative, Office of State Attorney General, Jeff Landry
- Suzanne L. Tinsley, Ph.D. – Assistant Dean in the School of Allied Health Professions, LSU Health Sciences Center
- Shelli Ulrich – Director of College Transition Programs, Bossier Parish Community College
We encourage the public to join us in celebrating and honoring these outstanding business professionals from our community at the upcoming 30th Annual ATHENA Leadership Award Program, where one of these honorees will be named the 2020 ATHENA International Leadership Award Recipient.
The 30th Annual ATHENA Leadership Award Program will be held November 12th at Sam’s Town Hotel & Casino with registration beginning promptly at 11:30 A.M.
Due to restrictions in place for public safety during the COVID-19 pandemic, individual tickets are not available for purchase. However, individuals or groups wishing to sit together may purchase six-top tables for this event. During the event, all recommended safety guidelines will be strictly followed, including wearing masks while entering or exiting the event, social distancing as well as limiting close contact, including handshakes. To register for the event, visit www.shreveportchamber.org or contact Ellie Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org
Since the program’s inception in 1982, more than 8,000 exemplary leaders in over 500 communities have received the prestigious ATHENA International Leadership Award in the United States, Bermuda, Canada, China, Greece, India, Russia, Unite Arab Emirates and United Kingdom. By honoring exceptional leaders, the ATHENA Leadership Award Program seeks to inspire others to achieve excellence in their professional and personal lives.