The Shreveport-Bossier Rescue Mission is preparing to reopen their Thrift Store, 6800 Mansfield Road, Shreveport, LA on Thursday, June 18th. “We couldn’t be more excited,” said Pastor Larry Otwell, Executive Director “Our shoppers need us and we need them!”
The Mission Thrift Store complied with mandates related to the COVID-19 coronavirus and closed March 20, creating an average monthly funding deficit for the Mission of $25,000. “Those dollars really add up,” explained Otwell. “But more importantly, our closing also meant a hardship for our shoppers – many are low income families, the elderly and veterans in our community.”
The Mission Thrift Store has registered with Open Safely LA and to ensure the safety of the store’s customers and staff, managers have put the following policies in place:
· Daily sanitizing of the Thrift Store. All surfaces, door handles, and carts will be wiped down regularly.
· Store personnel will wear masks and advise that shoppers wear them as well.
· Social distancing markers will be placed in the store.
· The Mission Thrift Store will operate at 50% occupancy in order to comply with Phase 2 occupancy orders.
· Display of signage reminding staff and customers on the signs and how to limit the spread of COVID-19.
· No directly employee and customer contact.
· Regular screening of employees for COVID-19 symptoms.
· Customers are encouraged to stay home if they are experiencing fever or any flu like symptoms.
The Mission is thankful for this first step back to normalcy. “We know a lot of people count on the the Mission Thrift Store to meet the needs of their families and to recycle their items and help others. And we count on the income to fund our Life Recovery Program. We look forward to seeing our shoppers’ faces on Opening Day!” said Otwell.
The Mission Thrift Store will begin operating under its normal business hours of Tuesday through Saturday from 9 AM to 5 PM.
To learn more about donating to the Shreveport-Bossier Rescue Mission Thrift Store or to the Mission, visit www.sbrescuemission.com.