Company looking to hire about 25 clinicians and employees
Partners in Primary Care is expanding to Louisiana, and seniors in the Shreveport-Bossier City area will soon have access to the company’s personalized, senior-focused health care. The company is planning to open two new primary care medical centers in the area.
Partners in Primary Care is a leading and one of the fastest growing senior-focused, value-based care providers in the country. The company delivers care to 35,000 Medicare Advantage patients from many different Medicare health plans.
“We’re excited to bring our comprehensive and personalized health care model to seniors in Louisiana,” said Jay Obendorfer, Louisiana and Texas Market President, Partners in Primary Care. “We believe that to most effectively address the health care of this population, you have to help patients with social, behavioral and financial needs, particularly in areas where seniors are underserved.”
To staff the new centers, Partners in Primary Care is planning to hire about 25 clinicians and employees. Available positions include, but are not limited to, primary care physicians, nurse practitioners, center administrators, clinical pharmacists, community engagement representatives, social workers and behavioral health specialists. All positions offer competitive salaries and benefits.
As with its existing centers, each new Partners in Primary Care center in Shreveport-Bossier City area will be staffed by board-certified physicians and care teams who have been specially trained to treat the senior population. Care teams include:
- A pharmacist who is embedded in the care model as part of the care team, consulting with patients and physicians to drive optimal drug therapy and support quality of care initiatives.
- Registered nurses who serve as care coaches to help patients navigate their chronic disease care plans.
- Social workers who consult on social services and other behavioral health needs.
- Referral specialists who help schedule specialists visits and assist with record transfers.
- A community center that offers free health and fitness programming, games and wellness activities that are open to anyone in the community with a goal to help seniors stay active and form social circles.
- Partnerships with the local community-based organizations such as food banks, churches, and community organizations to support the social and well-being needs of patients.
The two new centers will open in the Shreveport-Bossier City area beginning late fall through early 2021.
To learn more about employment opportunities or to apply for positions, visit PartnersinPrimaryCare.com/Careers. Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Partners in Primary Care is payer-agnostic and a wholly-independent subsidiary of Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM). For more information on Partners in Primary Care centers in other states, visit www.PartnersInPrimaryCare.com.