As Louisiana enters phase one of reopening its economy, numerous attractions, casinos, restaurants and retail shops in Shreveport-Bossier are preparing to welcome guests back with a new string of public health and safety restrictions.
As of Thursday, the following casinos are scheduled to reopen on Monday, May 18: Margaritaville Resort Casino, Horseshoe Bossier City, and Harrah’s Louisiana Downs. Under phase one, casinos may only reopen at 25 percent capacity, with slot machine banks and table games spaced to allow for social distancing. Non-gaming casino amenities, such as restaurants, spas, and ticketed live music events, will be phased-in as is appropriate. Live thoroughbred racing at Harrah’s Louisiana Downs will resume, initially without spectators, on Saturday, June 6.
Attractions and restaurants in downtown Shreveport are welcoming guests back in different ways. Here’s five of the downtown attractions that announced their reopening dates and plans to maintain the phase one guidance:
- Sci-Port Discovery Center will reopen Louisiana’s only IMAX Dome Theatre on Friday, May 29, with restrictions in place for social distancing. Only 40 tickets per IMAX screening will be sold.
- Shreveport Aquarium will reopen with social distancing restrictions on Monday, May 18 with extensive measures put in place for public health and safety. All tickets must be purchased online, face coverings are mandatory for employees and guests, and tactile exhibits. Salt Café will remain closed for the time being.
- Shreveport Farmers’ Market will kick off their seasonal market on Saturday, May 30. Social distancing will be enforced, and masks are strongly encouraged.
- Remington Suite Hotel & Spa is currently open, including its lobby, bar and workout facility. Their spa will reopen on Friday, May 15.
- Abby Singer’s Bistro is reopening with indoor dining on Tuesday, May 19. Reservations are highly recommended. This restaurant is attached to Louisiana’s only independent theater, Robinson Film Center, which will reopen later this summer.
For a full list of reopening businesses in downtown Shreveport, click here.
Louisiana Boardwalk Outlets will reopen with condensed hours on Friday, May 15 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Saturday, and from noon to 6 p.m. on Sunday. The Boardwalk will not reopen all shopping outlets at this time. For a full list of reopenings at Louisiana Boardwalk Outlets, click here.
“We will have hand sanitizers throughout our property, a staff that will go around each hour and wipe down all handles, benches, and vending machines, and all of our staff will be in face masks while on-site,” said Ashley Davis, marketing manager for Louisiana Boardwalk Outlets, via e-mail.
For more information about Sheveport-Bossier reopenings, visit www.Shreveport-Bossier.org or call 1-800-551-8682.