Community Foundation of North Louisiana has issued the first round of grants from the COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund that was established on March 16, 2020. The grants are for essential services – such as food, medicine, and healthcare – for individuals living in poverty. The grants, totaling $43,000, are as follows:
- · Christian Service Program Institute – $5,000
- · Food Bank of Northwest Louisiana for Emergency Food and Meal Distribution – $15,000
- · Martin Luther King Health Center & Pharmacy – $10,000
- · Samaritan Counseling Center for Telehealth Counseling Sessions – $5,000
- · St. Luke’s Episcopal Mobile Medical Ministry – $3,000
- · The Salvation Army of Shreveport – $5,000
Recognizing that Shreveport-Bossier needs will continue to grow and change over the coming weeks and months, the Community Foundation continues to work with local officials and other funders to create solutions for our community’s long-term recovery. The CARES Act, passed on March 27, offers several avenues of financial support for nonprofit organizations with less than 500 employees. This week the Foundation is also working to educate area nonprofits on these opportunities.
The COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund is made possible by generous donations from community members and area businesses. If you would like to make a contribution to the Fund please donate online at cfnla.org/covid19 or contact the Community Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or 318-221-0582.