On Monday, Greater Shreveport Chamber of Commerce President Dr. Tim Magner updated members and the community on efforts in response to COVID-19. His response follows:
Our community is going through an unprecedented disruption together. Your Chamber is going to continue working on your behalf with three main goals in mind:
- To ensure that the information we share is accurate, informative and researched.
- To supply you with guidance and resources to help ensure the safety and well-being of your employees, volunteers and customers.
- To continue to support local businesses in ways that are safe and appropriate.
To ensure a collaborative approach to this critical time, the Bossier, Greater Shreveport Chamber and African – American Chambers are all working together to share unified information and make decisions collectively.
At this time, we have made the following decisions:
- Postpone all ribbon cuttings/groundbreakings through May 31st
- Cancel all committee meetings through May 31st
- Host Finance/Exec/Full Board meetings via conference call. (Number to be shared at a later time)
- Cancel monthly/quarterly events through May 31st until the next scheduled calendar time
- Postpone Annual Events that fall within this time frame.
Until March 27, the Chamber building will be closed to visitors, however staff will be working and available to assist you via phone or email.
Last Friday, we also launched a new community resource for individuals and businesses at www.flattenthecurvesbc.com.
Our intention for this website is to provide a single source for accurate and actionable information so that you can keep your families, customers and colleagues safe. We will be updating this website as new information and guidance is received.
Today we added a section focusing on “Supporting Local Businesses” and to provide the best information, we want to hear from you.
We are asking you to please complete this survey to help us understand what changes you are making to business operations as well as what information or support you need from the Chamber at this time.
The short survey is available at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/83M3BQS
Your participation will help us better coordinate our efforts to keep our community safe and support local business while we do so.