Step inside beautiful homes filled with the warmth of the holidays and the grace of the bygone eras at the Highland Holiday Home Tour on Saturday, Dec. 7, from 5-9 p.m.
A holiday trolley – compliments of the State Fair of Louisiana and Rose-Neath Funeral Homes – will transport attendees to the magical homes of the Highland and Fairfield Historic Districts.
The evening tour brings you into a neighborhood landmark where Katharine Hepburn once performed, the studio of a neighborhood artist and a host of bungalows and cottages each decorated for the holiday season.
The trolley will depart from the Woman’s Department Club, 802 Margaret Place. While there, be sure to stop by the Highland Holiday Tree, which will be on display. The 6-foot tree is sponsored by Great Raft Brewing and Mayco Real Estate Services and features one-of-a-kind ornaments and trinkets.
Raffle tickets for the tree are $5 or five for $20. Proceeds from the raffle will fund the upkeep flowerbeds Highland Restoration Association maintains at Columbia Park. In addition, attendees have the opportunity to win a smart thermostat compliments of SWEPCO.
Other tour stops include:
- 425 Dalzell St. — This colorful four square in the heart of Highland has soaring ceilings and an eclectic collection of art.
- 446 Merrick St. — A circa 1919 cottage that boasts many of its original features and one-of-a-kind charm.
- 627 Rutherford St. — Explore wall-to-wall charm in this 1929 cozy cottage.
- 3030 Creswell Ave. — Get a taste of this new neighborhood restaurant
- 1311 Louisiana Ave. — Restored 1931 professional photography studio
- 901 Prospect St. — Experience the sights and sounds of the Twelve Days of Christmas in the home of a world-class violinist.
Advance tickets are $15 and available at C&C Mercantile & Lighting (2430 Line Ave.), Enchanted Garden (2429 Line Ave.) and restorehighland.org. Tickets also will be available at the Woman’s Department Club throughout the tour for $20.
For more information, contact Highland Restoration Association President Michele Marcotte at 318-639-0103.