Many of the area’s business leaders gathered last month for the induction of the 2019 Junior Achievement of North Louisiana Business Hall of Fame Laureates.
The 2019 Junior Achievement of North Louisiana Business Hall of Fame Laureates are Dr. Pat Day, First United Methodist Church; Keith J. Evans, Brammer Engineering, Inc.; and Dr. Cherie-Ann Nathan, LSU-Health Shreveport.
Junior Achievement of North Louisiana recognizes exceptional business leaders in our community on an annual basis to be inducted as a JA Laureate. The banquet was held at the Shreveport Convention Center following a private laureate reception in the JA Hall of Fame area of the Shreveport Convention Center.
“It’s an amazing honor to accept the peer nomination for JA Laureate. JA is an outstanding volunteer led organization that’s committed to the important mission of empowering the Youth in our region to achieve their dreams and having a positive impact on their entrepreneurial spirit, workplace success and financial responsibility,” said Dr. Nathan. “It’s a great organization that exemplifies my belief that ‘No Dream is too big, and No dreamer too small!'”
“I wholeheartedly support Junior Achievement for their outstanding efforts in helping young people learn successful life lessons in personal finance, citizenship, decision making and entrepreneurship,” said said Dr. Day. “Junior Achievement helps young people discover how to make their dreams become a reality through mentoring and hands on learning. The investment in young people has amazing life-changing returns. It is an honor to become a Junior Achievement Laureate.”
“I am very honored to be chosen as a 2019 Junior Achievement Laureate. Junior Achievement is a tremendous organization whose mission to help you people be successful in life is something I truly support and am very proud to be associated with,” Evans said.
The 2019 JA Laureates are not only exceptional in the business world, but have demonstrated a lifetime of achievement and investment in our community. Junior Achievement of North Louisiana is honored to recognize them for their outstanding achievements.
Laureates are selected by the following criteria:
- Outstanding overall business achievement of national impact, achievement in a “small business” and outstanding leadership in public service and/or philanthropic activities
- Economic impact in Louisiana during the time other criteria were met
- Recognition by his or her organization or professional to have made a significant contribution to the success of the organization or profession
- Ability to serve as a role model for the young people of North Louisiana
- Recognized as observing high moral and ethical principles
- Accomplishments of landmark proportions, significantly influencing his or her organization, industry and community
- A record of outstanding entrepreneurial achievement
- Accomplishments of a continuing nature (as opposed to a one-time effort)