An education conference for college students interested in learning about the fields of communications and digital media is coming to LSUS next month.
The American Advertising Federation of Shreveport-Bossier’s (AAFSB) CommNEXT 2019: Conference for Innovative Communications is a half-day conference for students majoring in design, 3D modeling/animation, marketing, advertising, PR/journalism, etc. who will have the opportunity to hear from professionals on topics related to graphic design, advertising, video, journalism, and more.
The event is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 19, from 11:45 a.m. to 4 p.m. at LSUS, University Center – Ballroom, One University Place.
Cost is $25 for Students/AAF Members and $30 for Non-AAF Members (lunch is included). Sign-in is from 11-11:45 a.m. Registration is available here: https://commnext2019.eventbrite.com.
“The event is being offered by AAF Shreveport-Bossier with goal of offering a professional conference to students throughout the region that’s both affordable and provides them access to the same type of experience that professionals pay $300-plus for in larger cities,” said Allen Garcie, Associate Professor of Digital Arts at LSUS and AAFSB Education Chair.
Keynote speaker will be Robert Campbell, Director/Writer, 808, Inc. of Houston. Breakout session presenters will include:
- Brandy Evans, VP of Communications, Shreveport-Bossier Convention & Tourist Bureau
- Tom Futrell, Chair of Graphic Design, LA Tech School of Design
- Vikki Hrody, Owner of Melonhead Studios and Associate Professor of the LSUS Digital Arts Program
- Cameron King, Freelance Videographer/Creative Director, Third Story Films
- Dustin Lincoln, Creative Director, Johnny’s Pizza
- Journalism Panel
- “What Next?” Panel for New (and Upcoming) Graduates and Young Professionals
The 2018 edition of the CommNEXT conference saw 73 attendees, including students from LSUS, BPCC, Centenary, ULM, NSU, LA Tech, and Texas A&M Texarkana.