The Louisiana Association of Business and Industry’s political action committees have laid out their endorsements for incumbent legislators for the October 12th election.
Following the release of LABI’s Legislative Scorecard, NorthPAC, SouthPAC, EastPAC and WestPAC have endorsed 46 incumbent legislators. In addition to these 46 incumbents, LABI’s affiliated PACs have previously announced the endorsement of four first-time candidates, 3 of whom are running in open seats this fall.
“LABI’s political action committees make their endorsement decisions based on the voting record and leadership of incumbents, and issue questionnaires to candidates running for open seats or challenging incumbents,” said Bo Staples, LABI Director of Political Action Committees. “We encourage all voters across the state to visit LABI’s 2019 legislative scorecard to see how their legislators fared, learn more about the candidates, the issues and the great potential of Louisiana.”
As the election season progresses, each PAC Board will likely release additional endorsements for legislative, executive and judicial branch seats, as well as the state Board of Elementary and Secondary Education.
The North PAC has endorsed:
- HD-05 Representative Alan Seabaugh (R-Shreveport)
- HD-08 Representative Raymond Crews (R-Bossier City)
- HD-09 Representative Dodie Horton (R-Haughton)
- HD-10 Representative Wayne McMahen (R-Minden)
- HD-12 Representative Chris Turner (R-Ruston)
- HD-13 Representative Jack McFarland (R-Jonesboro)
- HD-14 Open Seat Michael Echols
- HD-17 Representative Pat Moore (D-Monroe)
- HD-25 Representative Lance Harris (R-Alexandria)
- HD-27 Representative Mike Johnson (R-Pineville)
- SD-35 Senator Jim Fannin (R-Jonesboro)
- SD-37 Senator Barrow Peacock (R-Bossier City)