Each year, the Rotary Club of Shreveport awards a limited number of Major and Minor awards, this year saw $22,800 awarded to 13 local community organizations.
Rotary Club of Shreveport supports the community through funding of select projects that benefit local area residents and provides opportunities for members of the club to actively participate and gain recognition of Rotary. Priorities for civic projects supported by the club include education, social services and community development.
The maximum amount for any one grant awarded is $5,000.
Since 1999, the Rotary Club of Shreveport has awarded a total of $316,243.00 to local nonprofits through our competitive grant process.
- $3000 – Volunteers for Youth Justice – Support of CASA Recruiter/Trainer
- $4000 – Gingerbread House Bossier/Caddo Children’s Advocacy Center – operational support
- $4000 – Holy Angels Residential Facility – purchase of technology equipment for residents
- $3000 – Literacy Volunteers at Centenary College – books, study material, computer
- $4000 – InterCity Entrepreneur Institute – BizCamp program
- $1500 – Shreveport Opera – support of SOX program
- $1500 – Louisiana Association for the Blind – Youth Transition Program
- $300 – Shreveport Bossier Rescue Mission
- $300 – Providence House
- $300 – Operation Home Front
- $300 – The Strand Theatre
- $300 – Goodwill Industries of North Louisiana
- $300 – Herndon Magnet School
Rotary Club of Shreveport is a member of Rotary International, an association of Rotary clubs throughout the world. Rotary is an organization of business and professional leaders united worldwide who provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, work to eradicate polio worldwide, and help build goodwill and peace in the world.