The universities in the Louisiana system are working to help adults through the Compete LA program. Come learn more about this informational initiative on Tuesday, June 18 at 8 a.m. at the Hilton Garden Inn & Homewood Suites.
This event is made possible thanks to community partners the Bossier Chamber of Commerce, Greater Shreveport Chamber of Commerce, North Louisiana Economic Partnership and Shreveport-Bossier African American Chamber of Commerce.
Here are 5 things you’ll learn at the event:
- Internship opportunities for students are important as is supporting existing employees with some college credit by encouraging them to re-enroll to finish their degrees.
- Compete LA coaches help students to apply and find the program that is right for them. They can help them decide between online, hybrid or eight-week courses.
- Dr. Jim Henderson will break down the program and how it is designed to build our workforce.
- Get the statistics. How many people are short of completing their degree and how can this program help?
- Learn how as a participating business, you will receive maximum exposure on the Compete LA website.
These topics will help you find out how you can help your employees twith this program.