It takes many individuals to make Goodwill Industries’ mission succeed: employees, board members, donors, shoppers, clients, students, and community partners. Each one is necessary and vital to help Goodwill run smooth and effectively.
As part of Goodwill Week, Goodwill Industries honored employees who went above and beyond at the Annual “Power of Work” Luncheon, hosted by Eldorado Casino & Hotel. Employees recognized work throughout the 26 parish region of North Louisiana, including Shreveport, Bossier City, Monroe, Alexandria, Pineville, Natchitoches and Minden.
This year’s honorees includes:
- Employee of the Year – Patricia Williams, Angela Randle, Francis Brantley, Gina Voght, Terrence Hunter, Eugene Taylor.
- Rising Star Award – Fre-Drecia Payne, Henry Broadway, Kitty Vik.
- Goodwilly Award – Lindsay Lyles, Tamra Bright.
- Manager of the Year – Sydney Hicks, Darlene Robinson, Michael Hall, Karen Peters.
- Store of the Year – Pineville, Louisiana
- Board Member of the Year – Alywin Holomon
- Graduate of the Year – Latousha Stroughter
- Achiever of the Year – Robert Walker
- Good Friends Award – Stellar Construction, Ouachita Correctional Center, Louisiana Department of Transportation
- Good Champion Award – Paige Hoffpauir
- Good Sam Partner of the Year – Care Pregnancy Center
- Donor of the Year – Community Renewal Southern Trace We Care Team
In 2018, more than 2,300 people visited a Goodwill Job Center seeking assistance in one of 15 different programs.