The Entrepreneurial Accelerator Program (EAP), Bossier Parish Community College (BPCC), and the Air Force Reserve’s 307th Bomb Wing at Barksdale Air Force Base present the inaugural Air Show Innovation Showcase to highlight innovative companies in North Louisiana.
The showcase is open to the public and will be held at BPCC, 6220 E. Texas, Building H, in Bossier City, on the first floor in the Moran Room on Tuesday, May 14 from 5-7 p.m. Doors open at 5 p.m. with the event kicking off at 5:30 p.m. This event immediately follows the inaugural BPCC 2-Minute Drill competition.
The five innovative companies presenting at the Air Show Innovation Showcase are Perceptive Intelligence, a law enforcement network sharing solution; Oleolive, a super-oil with a polyphenol found in extra virgin olive oil that has been shown in studies to have strong therapeutic effects; Red River Range, a state-of-the-art indoor shooting and training facility in Shreveport featuring an innovative air ventilation system, programmable targetry systems, and a granulated rubber bullet containment system; Asteri, a digital content creator and large-scale testing solution provider; and CyberReef Solutions, a cloud-based service to deploy Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) for Internet of Things (IoT) communications on carrier wireless networks.
“The Entrepreneurial Accelerator Program is excited to have some of the area’s top innovative companies present to the community and showcase the innovation happening in North Louisiana,” said Dave Smith, Executive Director of EAP. “North Louisiana is filled with innovation, and we are here to serve as a platform for them and their future successes.”
The public is invited to attend the showcase to see presentations from the five innovative companies. Food will be provided, and entry to the event is free, but you must register to attend.
Register here: http://tinyurl.com/EAPInnovationShowcase.
About the five innovative companies:
- Perceptive Intelligence’s mission is to increase safety for the officers and the community by ensuring that actionable and timely intelligence is shared across law enforcement communities. Perceptive Intelligence’s product L.E.N.S.S. is a tool that allows officers to share intelligence across jurisdictions in real time. Perceptive Intelligence’s founders, Robert Fortune and Russel Sarpy, are former law enforcement officers. Fortune is a former FBI agent, and Sarpy is a former drug task force investigator.
- Oleolive’s product, Super-Oli, contains Oleocanthal (OC), a monophenol found in extra virgin olive oil, and has been shown in studies to have strong therapeutic effects. Before Oleolive, OC was not commercially available due to difficult extraction, and no OC-focused consumer products existed. Jim Cardelli, Ph.D. (CTO) and Alana Gray, Ph.D. (COO) are both former LSU Health Shreveport researchers. Kiley Grant (CEO), former EAP analyst, has been through all phases of building a company with several different startups. Together, Cardelli, Gray and Grant span the gap between science and entrepreneurship.
- Red River Range is the premier indoor shooting and training facility in Louisiana. The intuitive effort placed on the design of the facility is like no other. Multiple design improvements not yet seen in the industry resulted in enhanced energy efficiency, shooter safety and aesthetics. Brad Simon (founder) is a former US Army Blackhawk helicopter instructor pilot and air assault flight lead.
- Asteri creates engaging entertainment products through unique data analytics technology. Asteri’s development and publishing platform revolutionizes how entertainment is created by giving developers unique insights into what fans really want. Asteri uses its network of 35 million users to test products at all stages of development, ensuring that creators will build hit content from day one. Asteri provides both the tools and the services needed to evaluate, optimize, and create great applications for a multitude of uses, not just in entertainment, but across the defense industry as well. Asteri’s founder and CEO, Steve Gray, has had a career spanning many forms of entertainment. Most recently, Gray was Executive in Charge of Production for eight years at Tencent’s Interactive Entertainment Group, a major player in China and the world’s technology and media industries.
- CyberReef Solutions provides, patent pending, cloud-based SaaS mobile data bandwidth management and secure private networking solutions. On average, its customers experience a 50-70% reduction in data usage while also providing cyberattack protection. Hilton Nicholson (founder) is a seasoned IT executive, with prior experience with companies like AT&T, 3Com, ADC Telecom and Sixnet.