Remington College Shreveport Campus is expanding its offerings to students and providing those interested in a career in the hospitality industry a chance to prepare for entry level employment.
The campus announced a new Restaurant, Hospitality and Retail Management Degree Program. Enrollment is now open and classes start December 10.
This program provides training in the various concepts and skills necessary for working in the restaurant, hospitality, tourism, and retail industries. Students will develop customer service skills and receive training in industry-related technology, security, marketing, human resources and sales.
The program is normally completed in 21 months. Upon successful completion of the program, students are awarded an Associate of A Science Degree.
Students will be prepared for a number of entry-level positions, including tourism sales, event planning and management, general management, catering companies and entertainment operations.
The curriculum covers:
- Career Development Principles
- Introduction to Hospitality Management
- Lodging Front Office Management
- Property Maintenance
- Foodservice Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Marketing and Sales
- Human Resource Management
- Emergency Management and Security Planning
- Customer Service Management
- Event Planning and Logistics
- Retail Operations Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Information Technology
- Recordkeeping and Financial Statement Basics
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the need for management occupations is expected to grow by 8 percent from 2016 to 2026, which is driven by the formation of new organizations and expansion of existing ones.
Remington College Shreveport Campus is located at 2106 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop, Shreveport, LA 71118.