In a unanimous vote, the Shreveport City Council approved a plan by Chariot Companies to redevelop the Shreveport Country Club and revitalize the surrounding neighborhood.
The plan includes 600 residences, retail space, a 100-room smart hotel and a K-12 STEM Lab.
The country club, once a Shreveport showplace, has deteriorated due to disinvestment.
The development, Kaya Shreveport, will connect the physical and digital realm to provide seamless access to unique services and amenities that will improve the convenience of daily life.
“We are very pleased with the outcome of today’s vote,” said John A. Henry, Jr. CEO and Founder of Chariot Companies. “Over the last several months, the residents of Shreveport have been welcoming and wise as we have shared our plans to revitalize the Lakeshore neighborhood and restore the glory and elegance of the former Shreveport country club.”
The project will include nearly 1 million square feet of commercial and residential space:
- State-of-the-art, semi-private, 9-Hole Executive Golf Course
- Collection of restaurants and premier banquet facility
- Approximately 600 residences
- New K-12 educational and vocational facility, Chariot Labs
- 20.5 acres of connected public open space
- Ten miles of interconnected walking trails
- One-hundred room smart hotel
An estimated 1,120 construction jobs and 200 permanent jobs will be created from the development.